Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Time Traveler's Wife

Author: Audrey Niffenegger
Publish Date: 5/27/04
Meeting Host: Aimee
Meeting Date: 3/28/09

Amazon.com Summary:
A dazzling novel in the most untraditional fashion, this is the remarkable story of Henry DeTamble, a dashing, adventuresome librarian who travels involuntarily through time, and Clare Abshire, an artist whose life takes a natural sequential course. Henry and Clare's passionate love affair endures across a sea of time and captures the two lovers in an impossibly romantic trap, and it is Audrey Niffenegger's cinematic storytelling that makes the novel's unconventional chronology so vibrantly triumphant.


An enchanting debut and a spellbinding tale of fate and belief in the bonds of love, The Time Traveler's Wife is destined to captivate readers for years to come.

3 comments:

  1. I really liked the concept of time travel in this novel because it was not the traditional science fiction theme. My only criticism is that the middle became a bit monotonous because once I got the idea of the main character's time travel, how it affected him and the other characters, particularly Claire, I felt some of the episodes were just more of the same and therefore gratuitous. The book inspired some great discussion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the premise of this book. What if a man spontaneously traveled through time? It's a great "What if". I found myself falling a little bit in love with Henry, but I fall in love with characters in books all the time! I could have gone on discussing this book for hours. There's a lot to talk about with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only made it halfway through this book, but intend to finish it when I have the time; hopefully, in advance of the 8/14/09 movie release. Maybe this movie will be another opportunity for a WMBLS girls' day out!

    ReplyDelete